Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rain Equals Cookies

The wedding and honeymoon were quite successful. I don't think I would change a thing (other than the dress malfunction). Trying to find jobs and working occasional shifts at the East West Cafe has kept me busy and though we still cook daily, I haven't been finding the time nor motivation to post our treats. Anyhoodles... heres a new one from the 'babycakes' cookbook, which was a wedding gift from my dear friend Misha. I renamed these cookies to suit myself..... they are...

.... I Have A Really Good Feeling About Whats Happening In This Bowl Cookies...

1 c. coconut oil
1 & 1/4 c. organic sugar
1/3 c. apple sauce (I used Nana Mae's from Sebastopol)
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs vanilla extract (It's a lot I know, but just trust me)
1 & 1/2 c. Bob's Redmill gluten free baking flour
1/4 flax meal
1 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 c. chocolate chips (enjoy life are the best!)

Preheat the ol' oven to 325 degrees, and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mix the oil, sugar, applesauce, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt. In a second bowl mix the flour, flax meal, xanthan gum and baking soda. Slowly blend the dry mixture into the wet mixture, once completely mixed add the chocolate chips and fold in. Form small balls and place an inch apart on the baking sheet, gently press the top of the ball down to flatten.

Bake for 9 minutes, then rotate the cookie sheet 180 degrees, then bake another 5 minutes. There will most likely be over half of the dough left in the bowl, just cover and refrigerate, then you can make fresh cookies throughout the next few days, my mama taught me that trick.

So tasty, mmmm. I brought a couple of cookies to my papa and Weston who are working down the street, they loved them, big thumbs up, thank you Misha and thank you 'babycakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment