Friday, December 6, 2013

Nursing mamas need cookies

We had the pleasure of visiting some friends, David and Amy and their 2 week old baby boy yesterday! They have a daughter that is about Lyra's age and they had a blast together. I brought them some yummy cookies and Dave asked for the recipe... since it was already all typed up I figured I'd share it here. This is a baby cakes recipe that I've altered, it's amazing, chewy, soft perfect texture, seriously.
I'll call these

Nursing Mama Cookies

1 & 1/2 cups Bob's redmill gluten free baking flour
1 cup oat flour ( we sometimes grind our own)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 & 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup + 2 TBS melted coconut oil
6 TBS unsweetened applesauce
2 TBS vanilla extract.... I know it sounds like a lot, but trust me
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter

Basically just blend all the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ones using a wooden spoon or a rubber
Once it is nicely blended add the chocolate chips and the peanut butter, mix it on up and voila!


Bake at 325 degrees for about 14 minutes. You can rotate the pan half way through if your oven cooks more on one side. Let them cool before transfer, then eat em up!

Brian calls these healthy cookies.... he's maybe not that far off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment